How to Help
Want to get involved? As an organization, we pride ourselves on our ability to provide any person with an opportunity to participate in the work that we do. If you want to learn more, please contact us (by phone at 970-658-9878 or by email at info@HomelessGear.org) at any time!
- Donate Cash: We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and all cash donations are tax deductible. Click here to make a donation.
- Donate Product (Outdoor Gear, Outerwear, Hygiene Items, Non-Perishable Food): Please see our Product Donations page for a complete list of the items we are collecting.
- Donate your Car, RV or Boat to “Donate for Charity, Inc.” Everything you need to know about the process can be found at Donate for Charity’s website, here. When you complete the “Charity Car Donation Form”, type “Homeless Gear” as the charity you’d like to support.
- Volunteer: Each of our programs is volunteer-driven. Please see the Volunteer Opportunities page of our website for a list of ways that you, your family and/or your group can get involved.
- Become a Corporate Sponsor: From donating excess supplies to sponsoring events, there are multiple ways to support our mission. Click here for details.
- Host Coins for Change at Your School: Coins for Change is a month-long awareness-building campaign through which students learn about homelessness and collect loose change to address the issue. You can find more details–including flyers–here.
How to Donate Cash
Enterprise Zone Tax Credit
Homeless Gear has been designated as an Enterprise Zone project. All monetary contributions of $250 or more are eligible for a 25% State of Colorado Tax Credit. Please request this certificate from us if you plan on using this credit on your taxes. The certificate is only processed if you ask for it.
All Enterprise Zone donations must include a social security number or a Colorado Taxpayer Account Number in order to receive the Enterprise Zone credit. Please note, taxpayers can use their Colorado Account Number in place of their Social Security Number on EZ tax credit forms if preferred.
All Colorado taxpayers have a Colorado Account Number and can request it by visiting www.colorado.gov/revenueonline . Choose “Individual” of “Business” and then choose “Request Letter ID” and select “Sign Up.” Please include your social security or account number on your check when submitting your donation.