The Hand Up Program distributes “career gear” through a Career Closet at the Murphy Center for Hope: 242 Conifer Street in Fort Collins. The Career Closet is available to any individual who is working with an agency or company to gain employment OR who has obtained a job but needs the necessary gear to accept that job.
To qualify for this service:
- You must be an individual who is homeless or at severe risk of becoming homeless AND:
- Working with the Hand Up Program, another agency/caseworker, staffing company, or other entity that can verify that you are working towards gaining employment.
- NOTE: If you need help with interview clothing (men only), we can provide assistance on a case-by-case basis even if you don’t have a voucher or letter of verification.
What we need from you:
- A referral voucher or a letter from an agency, staffing agency or entity. The voucher must include agency contact info and a brief description/company name of your career opportunity.
- You will be required to:
- Sign a Release of Information form between Homeless Gear and the Larimer County Workforce Center. The Workforce Center helps us gather and track programmatic data. Your personal information will not be shared with any other entity.
- Fill out a basic intake sheet to gather characteristics about your job criteria.
Items may include (when available and not limited to):
- Restaurant Attire – Non-slip shoes, slacks, dress shirts, etc.
- Dressy/Casual Interview Attire (Men)
- Shoes/Winter Boots
- Accessories – belts, wallets, socks, hats, work gloves, etc.
- Construction Gear, including but not limited to:
- Steel-toed boots
- Durable work pants
- Tool belts
- Haircut vouchers
This service is available by appointment only. To make an appointment or to learn more, please contact Rachel Kirkland, Homeless Gear Hand Up Program Manager, at (970) 494-9702.