“I can’t even begin to express my gratitude for Hand Up’s job services, which have been the pivotal piece for getting me the job. Not just a job that will get me by, but my dream job in my dream field – a job that will open doors for the rest of my life. You stood beside me, helped me to not be afraid of my own success and today I feel like a whole new human being. I now feel so excited about my future, where I wasn’t even a month ago. I will never be able to thank you enough. ~Jennifer, Hand Up Participant
Program Start (2008) To Date:
The Hand Up program empowers individuals and families who are homeless or near-homeless to transition from (a) unemployed to employed, (b) stuck to unstuck and (c) homeless to self-sufficient. More specifically, we support participants in a variety of ways:
- Case Management
- Goal setting, mentoring, removing barriers, resource connections, etc.
- Job-Search Training
- Resume Building
- Connections to Employers
- Interview Preparations
- Career “Gear” Closet
- Colorado ID, Driver’s License & Birth Certificate Vouchers
- Transportation Assistance
- Customized Support for Individual Circumstances
Are you homeless or at-risk of homelessness and looking for work? We are here to help, and all of our services are free-of-charge.
- Where: Murphy Center for Hope, 242 Conifer Street, Fort Collins, CO 80524
- When: By appointment only, Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM
- How: Contact Colter, Hand Up Program Manager, by email at Colter@HomelessGear.org or by phone at (970) 494-9702 to schedule an appointment
- Resume Resources
- Cover Letter Resources
- Interview Resources
- Employment Resources
Hire a Hand Up Program Participant:
Hand Up has over a dozen business partners who hire participants in the program. Learn more here!