“Donors don’t give to institutions. They invest in ideas and people in whom they believe.” – G.T. Smith
We are blessed with wonderful in-kind (non cash) donation support from individuals, groups, businesses and corporate sponsors. However, we do have a relatively small operating budget that requires cash funding; that funding enables us to provide a wide range of supplies, services and support to homeless men, women and children throughout the state.
You can help us by making a cash donation today!
How to Donate Cash
- Make your check out to Homeless Gear
- Mail your check to:
- Homeless Gear
- 1305 Duff Drive, Unit #5
- Fort Collins, CO 80524
- Credit Card: Donate to Homeless Gear online with a credit card using the secure link below (please be aware that a donation made via credit card will incur a processing fee that is charged to the Homeless Gear fund).
It couldn’t be simpler. Just click on this link (http://smile.amazon.com/ch/27-4641606) and then shop at Amazon.com as you normally would. The only difference: Homeless Gear will receive a percentage of what you spend! It really could add up!
Enterprise Zone Tax Credit
Homeless Gear has been designated as an Enterprise Zone project. All monetary contributions of $500 or more are eligible for a 25% State of Colorado Tax Credit. Please request this certificate from us if you plan on using this credit on your taxes. The certificate will not be issued unless you specifically ask for it.
New in 2012: All Enterprise Zone donations must include a social security number or a Colorado Taxpayer Account Number in order to receive the Enterprise Zone credit. Please note, taxpayers can use their Colorado Account Number in place of their Social Security Number on EZ tax credit forms if preferred.
All Colorado taxpayers have a Colorado Account Number and can request it by visiting www.colorado.gov/revenueonline . Choose “Individual” of “Business” and then choose “Request Letter ID” and select “Sign Up.” Please include your social security or account number on your check when submitting your donation.
Your cash contributions go to support the following Homeless Gear Programs and Services:
- Street Outreach Program (Bringing companionship, emergency services, and resource connections to the homeless at night and on the streets–bridging the gap between the homeless and the agencies/resources that are in place to help them regain their self sufficiency)
- Non Perishable Food & Take-Away Meal Program
- Transitions Program (Providing one on one assistance to help selected individuals navagate the agencies in place to lead them back to self sufficiency.
- Bulk Purchase Of Products (Socks, Tarps, Day Packs, Gloves, etc)
- Homeless Children/Family Quarterly Gear, Housewares, Clothing, and Hygiene Distributions
- Homeless Adults Monthly Outdoor Gear, Clothing and Hygiene Distributions
- HG Gear Room (Open Monday through Friday)
- Children In Need Program (Focus on Homeless Families and Children)
- Facilities Supported Program (Supplying gear, clothing hygiene products to homeless facilities across the state)
- Facilitator and Connector For Special Events/Resources For The Homeless: Pet Food, Children’s Book Drive, Thanksgiving Dinner, Apartment Furnishings For The Newly Housed, Family Portraits With Santa, etc.
- Participation Annually In Project Homeless Connect Event
- Facilitator of Volunteer Opportunities for Individuals, Families, Children, and Groups Of All Kinds To Help The Homeless