We are blessed with wonderful in-kind (non cash) donation support from individuals, groups, businesses and corporate sponsors. However we do have a relatively small operating budget that requires cash funding that supports our programs to provide homeless men, women, youth, children and families with food, clothing, shelter, and street outreach services.
We have been able to furnish the homeless throughout the state with nearly $2.7 million worth of outdoor gear, outdoor basic clothing, non perishable food, and hygiene items in the past four years.
You can help us in one of 3 ways (scroll down the page to see details for each):
- Make a Cash Donation
- Purchase a Homeless Gear T-Shirt
- Make your check out to Homeless Gear
- Mail your check to:
- Homeless Gear
- 424 Pine Street, Suite 102
- Fort Collins, CO 80524
- Credit Card: Donate to the Homeless Gear online with a credit card using the secure link below (please be aware that a donation made via credit card will incur a processing fee that is charged to the Homeless Gear fund).
Enterprise Zone Tax Credit
Homeless Gear has been designated as an Enterprise Zone project. All monetary contributions of $500 or more are eligible for a 25% State of Colorado Tax Credit. Please request this certificate from us if you plan on using this credit on your taxes. The certificate will not be issued unless you specifically ask for it.
New in 2012: All Enterprise Zone donations must include a social security number or a Colorado Taxpayer Account Number in order to receive the Enterprise Zone credit. Please note, taxpayers can use their Colorado Account Number in place of their Social Security Number on EZ tax credit forms if preferred.
All Colorado taxpayers have a Colorado Account Number and can request it by visiting www.colorado.gov/revenueonline . Choose “Individual” of “Business” and then choose “Request Letter ID” and select “Sign Up.” Please include your social security or account number on your check when submitting your donation.
Your cash contributions go to support the following Homeless Gear Programs and Services:
- Street Outreach Program (Bringing companionship, emergency services, and resource connections to the homeless at night and on the streets–bridging the gap between the homeless and the agencies/resources that are in place to help them regain their self sufficiency)
- Non Perishable Food & Take-Away Meal Program
- Transitions Program (Providing one on one assistance to help selected individuals navagate the agencies in place to lead them back to self sufficiency.
- Bulk Purchase Of Products (Socks, Tarps, Day Packs, Gloves, etc)
- Homeless Children/Family Quarterly Gear, Housewares, Clothing, and Hygiene Distributions
- Homeless Adults Monthly Outdoor Gear, Clothing and Hygiene Distributions
- HG Gear Room (Open Monday through Friday)
- Children In Need Program (Focus on Homeless Families and Children)
- Facilities Supported Program (Supplying gear, clothing hygiene products to homeless facilities across the state)
- Facilitator and Connector For Special Events/Resources For The Homeless: Pet Food, Children’s Book Drive, Thanksgiving Dinner, Apartment Furnishings For The Newly Housed, Family Portraits With Santa, etc.
- Participation Annually In Project Homeless Connect Event
- Facilitator of Volunteer Opportunities for Individuals, Families, Children, and Groups Of All Kinds To Help The Homeless
Support HG with the purchase of one of our new T-Shirts!!!!!
Army Green or Teal
$10 for XS, S, M, L, XL
$12 for XXL & XXXL