Eusea Team Winter Gear Drive
It’s that time of year again — the Eusea Team winter gear drive has begun!
Our friends at the Eusea Team are hosting a drive this winter to help individuals and families survive the Colorado weather! There are multiple ways (described below) to support Homeless Gear, the Eusea Team and–ultimately–people who face homelessness in our community. Thanks, Eusea Team and friends!
WHAT IS HOMELESS GEAR?
Homeless Gear is a Fort Collins-based nonprofit that empowers individuals and families who face homelessness to survive, move forward and thrive. We operate seven programs (Distribution, Bike Repair, Children in Need, Street Outreach, Dedicated Navigator, Hand Up and One Village One Family) and oversee the Murphy Center, a resource center in Larimer County that hosts 17 independent non-profits.
As part of Homeless Gear’s Distribution program, we collect and distribute supplies that help people survive and meet their basic needs. We distribute supplies directly to those who need them most AND we send supplies to dozens of organizations throughout the state. Every year, we distribute about $1 million worth of supplies to over 50 Colorado-based organizations.
HOW CAN I GET INVOLVED WITH THE EUSEA TEAM’S GEAR DRIVE? CAN I HELP IN OTHER WAYS?
There are multiple ways to contribute to the gear drive, and even more ways to help! Here are three ways to get involved this year:
1) DONATE SUPPLIES. The top needs this winter are winter gloves, coats, thermals/long underwear, hoodies, fleece, snowpants, sleeping bags, winter boots, tents and hand/toe warmers. For a complete list of items that we collect, please click here. Please note that we do not accept basic clothing (e.g. t-shirts or jeans); our focus is on winter gear/accessories and outerwear.
There are three drop-off options:
- Any amount of supplies may be dropped off at the Eusea Team at FirstCal at 2720 Council Tree Ave., Ste. 254, Fort Collins, 80525 Monday through Friday between 9am and 4pm.
- If you have less than a carload, you may drop off supplies at the Murphy Center at 242 Conifer St, Fort Collins, CO 80524 Monday through Friday between 9am and 4pm.
- If you have more than a carload (or the hours in option 1 and 2 do not work for you), you may contact our “Survivals Program Manager”, Travis, at (970) 829-1151 or email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
2) MAKE A CASH DONATION. If you are unable to donate supplies or simply want to do more, any cash donation will have a tangible impact. To make a secure online donation, please click here and follow these instructions: Click the yellow “DONATE” button. Please write “Eusea” in the “Add special instructions to the seller” box and check off “Share my mailing information with Homeless Gear, Inc.” (that way, we’ll be able to send you a formal thank you letter and receipt!) Please know that every single dollar makes a difference.
Thank you all for your support!