How to Help
“If you have much, give of your wealth; if you have little, give of your heart.” ~Arabian Proverb
Want to get involved? As an organization, we pride ourselves on our ability to provide any person with an opportunity to participate in the work that we do. If you want to learn more, please do not hesitate to contact us (by phone at 970-658-9878 or by email at info@HomelessGear.org) at any time!
- Donate Product (Outdoor Gear, Outerwear, Hygiene Items, Non Perishable Food): Please see our Product Donations page for a complete list of the items we are collecting.
- Organize a Product Drive: Organize a gear drive! This is a perfect volunteer activity for an individual, group, scout troop, business or other community organization. We have marketing materials, best-practice strategies and more information that can help you get started! Call us and let’s talk about the possibilities.
- Volunteer: Each of our programs is volunteer-driven. Please see the Volunteer Opportunities page of our website for a list of ways that you, your family and/or your group can get involved.
- Donate Cash: Please consider making a cash contribution. We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and all cash donations are tax deductible. Click here to make a donation.
- Shop on Amazon: It couldn’t be simpler. Just click on this link (http://smile.amazon.com/ch/27-4641606) and then shop at Amazon.com as you normally would. The only difference: Homeless Gear will receive a percentage of what you spend! It really could add up!
How to Donate Cash
Enterprise Zone Tax Credit
Homeless Gear has been designated as an Enterprise Zone project. All monetary contributions of $250 or more are eligible for a 25% State of Colorado Tax Credit. Please request this certificate from us if you plan on using this credit on your taxes. The certificate is only processed if you ask for it.
All Enterprise Zone donations must include a social security number or a Colorado Taxpayer Account Number in order to receive the Enterprise Zone credit. Please note, taxpayers can use their Colorado Account Number in place of their Social Security Number on EZ tax credit forms if preferred.
All Colorado taxpayers have a Colorado Account Number and can request it by visiting www.colorado.gov/revenueonline . Choose “Individual” of “Business” and then choose “Request Letter ID” and select “Sign Up.” Please include your social security or account number on your check when submitting your donation.